IAP Karnataka Recent Activities
Summary of the Indian Adolescent Health Week 2022 conducted by Bangalore Adolescent Health Academy along with Indian Academy of Pediatrics Bangalore (BPS)
- Programs conducted = 23N
- Number of people participated physically or online – 3000
- Number of people reached through media – film- 263 and available on youtube with viewership continuing.
- Radio talks by Dr. Geeta Patil and Dr. Vimochana . Exact number of people reached not known
The 23 programs were aimed at addressing Pediatricians and other Professionals academically, at the same time exposing them to the topics not normally addressed—like transition in children with disabilities, vulnerable street children/offenders/victims of abuse.
Essays and posters along with awareness programs were arranged for all age groups, from those entering adolescence ie 10 to 12 year olds to the late adolescents and youth too. Institutions chosen were from all strata of society.
Parents, teachers, Red Cross and volunteers from other NGOs also were addressed / involved in the activities.
Installation ceremony of office bearers of IAP Karnataka 2022
Karnataka Medicolegal chapter 2022 (8th Jan)
Belagavi Association of Pediatrics in association with Department of Pediatrics JNMC National Girl Child Day
On the occasion of National Girl child day, Belagavi Association of Pediatrics in association with Department of Pediatrics JNMC had organised Essay n Rangoli competitions for high school children.
The topic for Essay competition was “Think a world without her”.
And the theme given for Rangoli competition was
“Beti bachao, Beti padhoa”.
Children came out with astounding ideas which stunned our esteemed judges, Dr Roopa Bellad madam and Dr Manisha Bhandankar madam.
We had around 60 students participating in the two competitions.
The occasion was graced by Mrs Mangala Angadi, MP.
Officials from the PCPNDT act committee n RCH officer also graced the occasion.
It was indeed a pleasure to see the young talents and to our surprise the top three essays were written by boys.
Hoping to create awareness among everyone, we thoroughly enjoyed the event.
Interactive program on “ Girl child day “ @ St Phaul’s school in Davanagere
International Women's day @ Chinmaya Mission school Hubballi
On the eve of International Women’s day with the theme “BREAK THE BIAS”.
* School program was conducted at Chinmaya Mission school Hubballi to empower girls and young ladies the Generation Z, aiming at their “holistic wellbeing”
* Talks were delivered by Dr. Renuka Duggani on Holistic Health & Dr. Shashikala hosmani on Exam stress.Dr. Ragavendra Desai President IAP and Dr. Shilpa Makannavar also addressed the students.